Monday, September 15, 2014

MMA How To Use The Martial Arts To Read Minds MMA LIFE SHOP

The first time I ever actually perceived someone elses thoughts happened in San Francisco. My wife and I were ambulating through Chinatown, and we entered a shop where a grouchy old Chinese lady perched on a stool in a corner. As we peered at the various bric a brac, the grouchy one snapped at her daughter, "Look, look, look, everybody just look!"



Walking down the street after we left the shop, I looked at my wife, "Did you hear what that old lady said?" "How could I," my wife tilted her head in confusion. "I don't speak Chinese."







Speaking in Chinese, and I had heard her in English. In essence, I had read her mind and translated her thoughts into English. And I could do this, I instantly knew, because of the martial arts I had been studying.



The human mind is just a big radio receiver, but it transmits, and picks up, thoughts. The sad fact, however, is that the mind is pre-occupied with static. Children can usually see into people's minds, but they outgrow the ability and don't even remember it when they grow older.



In the martial arts you use the discipline of the body to clear out the distractions and static. You do this by focusing on making the moves of your form perfect. Eventually, the distractive static goes away, and the original ability to read minds is once again unleashed.



The problem, unfortunately, is that the martial arts have been so conflicted that it is difficult to find a form, or series of forms, that work the way they are supposed to. Oddly, almost any form can work if it is properly examined, and reworked so that it is scientific and true. This normally takes a tremendous amount of work, even a whole lifetime, but the process can be sped up if one knows the proper science.



Interestingly, the old religious classics of such arts as Tai Chi and other Wudang arts, speak of being child like in your approach to the world. I also saw mention of this concept in Buddhist works of Zen. The problem, of course, is that by the time one resurrects this ability one has become old.



At any rate, the old tales are true, the martial arts really do work, and in ways far removed from fighting. Indeed, though the martial arts teach people how to defend themselves, things like reading minds is the real start. And the start of this start, for most people, is simply walking through the doors of that neighborhood dojo and learning a little Karate or Tai Chi or Aikido.
mma_life

No comments:

Post a Comment