Friday, August 29, 2014

Conor McGregor Irish media lashes out at Conor McGregor | BJPenn.com UFC Fight News & Videos MMA LIFE SHOP

Importance of Self-Defense

Self Defense. Remember Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is multi-faceted - 1) there's the sporttournament side to it 2) There's the MMA side and 3) The self-defensesave your butt side. This third facet is relevant as three of my friends were jumped outside a club last month while minding their own business. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt, but do you think the result would have been different if they were training self defense week in and week out? In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu we spar from 15-30 minutes live each session. You learn how to deal with the adrenaline and anxiety that accompany a real fight.

Procrastination

I like myself. Seriously, I do. But the one thing that I won't tolerate is feeling sorry for myself and making excuses for my results in life. In fact, I catch myself when I say things like "I just don't have the time for that." Look, you find time for the things you want to do. If you get a call that a $10k check is waiting for you, guess , you will find time to get it. Just be honest with yourself - if you've been putting off getting in shape, joining a gym or joining a martial arts school then admit it to yourself that right now in your life it's just not a big priority. Your 4 hrs a week on Facebook is a higher priority:). And if you're waiting till 2011 to NOT procrastinate, well you've missed the point!

I stand on the shoulders of many. To all who make Impact BJJ a great place to train, you have my continuous gratitude.
mma_life

No comments:

Post a Comment